Is blood really thicker than water?
When I was a little girl, my mother always said, “Blood is thicker than water.” As a child, I used to think that this meant monsters like Dracula could drink it and turn into a vampire. But as an adult, I realized she meant something else entirely: Family comes first in our lives. Unfortunately for some, that wasn’t always true for the people in their family. You may be wondering where this topic came about. I was schrolling Tiktok per usual. I decided to view the topic from different perspective. Let’s talk about Is blood really thicker than water?
Family is not always blood. It can also be your friends, or even your pet. Family is the people who support you and make you feel safe, loved and happy.
Negative people are the worst. They’re like a virus that spreads through your psyche and infects everything in its path with their toxic negativity, bringing you down with them.
They can be toxic to your mental health, physical health and relationships — not just with them but also those around you who are affected by their moods or behaviors. And if they work with you? Well, then there’s no escape from the negative vibes they emit at work!
Toxic family members are a drain on your energy and emotions. They can be difficult to deal with, as they can be negative influences on you and make you feel bad about yourself. Toxic family members may also be abusive or manipulative, jealous of your success, and keen to bring you down so that they can feel better about themselves.
Dealing with a negative family member.
When dealing with a negative family member, it’s important to remember that you are not the problem. The person who is causing the drama is.
- Don’t take their negativity personally.
- Don’t get defensive or argumentative when they start talking about you in a negative way; instead, try to listen without judgment and ask them questions about what they’re saying so that you can understand where they’re coming from.
- If possible, ask someone who knows both parties (like an older sibling) what happened between them in the past that might have caused this rift between family members today–and then try not to take any sides!
A healthy relationship isn’t always blood-related, but it can be just as strong as blood relationships.
Family is not always blood-related. It can also be defined as a group of people who are connected to each other by choice, or because they’ve been together for so long that it feels like family. But even though your friends may be more than just friends, they’re still not your family–and when you have to deal with them, it’s important to remember that.
Your family relationships are unique in their own way; some might be supportive and loving while others might be toxic or negative in some way. If you’re dealing with a difficult family member right now, try these tips:
- Take care of yourself first! It’s easy to get caught up in someone else’s drama when they’re being difficult (especially if they’re close), but remember that this isn’t about them; it’s about how their behavior affects YOU–so take time out every day just for yourself! This could mean spending time doing something fun like going shopping or hanging out with friends who don’t let others’ negativity affect them either…or even just sitting quietly by yourself without any distractions until everything stops clamoring around inside your head so much!
So, is blood really thicker than water? It depends on whom you ask. Some people say that their “fake” family or toxic relatives are closer to them than blood relatives, while others will argue that there’s nothing like being related by blood. In the end, it’s up to each individual person what they consider family and how strong their bonds are with those people–whether they’re related by blood or not!
- Protecting Your Mental Health: Healing in a Narcissistic EnvironmentHealing in a Narcissistic Environment Living or working in a narcissistic environment can be incredibly challenging and detrimental to your mental health. Narcissistic behavior can lead to emotional abuse, manipulation, and a constant feeling of being undermined and devalued. In this blog post, I will discuss strategies to help you heal and protect your mental … Read moreProtecting Your Mental Health: Healing in a Narcissistic Environment
- Finding Love and Healing: Overcoming Heartbreak and LonelinessOvercoming Heartbreak and Loneliness Love is a powerful force that brings joy, connection, and fulfillment to our lives. However, there are times when we may feel like we give so much love, yet never receive it in return. This experience can leave us heartbroken, lonely, and devoid of hope in finding love. In this blog … Read moreFinding Love and Healing: Overcoming Heartbreak and Loneliness
- How to give the best Christmas PresentThe holiday season is here, and it’s the perfect time to spread joy and show appreciation to the people we love. One of the best ways to do this is by giving thoughtful. Christmas presents that bring a smile to their faces. Finding the perfect gift can be challenging, but with a little creativity and … Read moreHow to give the best Christmas Present
- Creating a Nutritious Winter Salad: A Guide to Fresh and Healthy IngredientsCreating a Nutritious Winter Salad: A Guide to Fresh and Healthy Ingredients As winter sets in, it’s essential to maintain a healthy diet to keep our bodies strong and energized. While cold temperatures might make us crave warm and comforting meals. Winter salads can be a delicious and satisfying way to incorporate fresh and nutrient-packed … Read moreCreating a Nutritious Winter Salad: A Guide to Fresh and Healthy Ingredients
- The Right Person Won’t Waste Your TimeFinding love and companionship can be one of life’s greatest joys. However, in the quest for that perfect partner. It can be easy to get caught up in relationships that ultimately lead to disappointment or heartbreak. One popular adage is that the right person won’t waste your time. But is this statement true? Subscribe below … Read moreThe Right Person Won’t Waste Your Time