Why do you have the most friends when you’re the worst version of yourself?
There is an old saying, “You want to know who your true friends are? See who still likes you when you’re at your worst.” The truth of this saying is borne out in many different ways. For example:
- If you have a friend who’s always doing drugs with you, but then gets sober and becomes a boring person. Well, do they really care about you? Or was it just about being cool?
- Have there been times when someone has tried to take advantage of your kindness or generosity? How did that end up affecting the friendship?
- Maybe we’ve all been in situations where there were two people interested in dating us. And one person who was clearly better for us than the other would have been. Well, then how did that go down with everyone involved?
Let’s talk about Why do you have the most friends when you’re the worst version of yourself?
The best friends are the ones who move on with you
The best friends are the ones who move on with you.
You can’t stay in the same place forever. If your friends don’t want to grow with you then they’re not your friends. You have to keep growing and changing. So if someone doesn’t want that for themselves or their relationships with others. Then it’s time for them to go away.
Sometimes you outgrow friendships, not because they’re bad, but because your needs are changing
Sometimes, you outgrow friendships. And that’s okay! You can’t expect your friends to change with you. You can’t expect them to be interested in the same things as you. Can’t expect them to understand why your new interests are so important or relevant. If they can’t, then maybe it’s time for a new friend who will actually get it.
It’s hard to leave a friend behind
It’s hard to leave a friend behind, but it’s even harder to keep them when they’re holding you back.
Some of us don’t know what we want out of life until we get there. Sometimes that means letting go of people who are holding us back. We all want the same thing: happiness and success. But in order for this to happen. We need to make tough decisions about what makes us happy (and how much work it will take).
If there’s anything I’ve learned from my experiences with friends who were holding me back. It’s that no one else can make those decisions for you. You have to decide what matters most in your life and then act accordingly.
Be grateful for the good people who are in your life and don’t be afraid to let them go.
There’s nothing wrong with being grateful for the good people in your life. The problem comes when you don’t let them go.
You know what I’m talking about, right? It’s that friend who never picks up their phone when they say they will. And always has an excuse as to why they couldn’t make it through dinner without texting you every five minutes. Or maybe it’s the person who always has something negative to say about everyone else. But never thinks twice about how their words might affect others’ self-esteem or confidence levels (which is why we’re no longer friends).
If you’ve ever found yourself thinking “I wish this person would disappear from my life,”. Then it might be time for some serious reflection on whether or not this particular friendship should continue moving forward.
If you’re a good person, then you have nothing to worry about. You’ll always find people who will support you and love you for who you are. And if they don’t? Well, then they weren’t really friends in the first place. That’s my thoughts on Why do you have the most friends when you’re the worst version of yourself?
- What to expect dating someone with anxietyWhat to expect dating someone with anxiety Anxiety is a real struggle for millions of people, and it’s not easy to deal with on your own. If you’re dating someone who suffers from anxiety, it can be helpful to know what they’re going through and how you can help them manage their symptoms. Here’s what … Read more
- Fall comfort food recipesFall comfort food recipes Fall is finally here, and that means it’s time for comfort food! Whether you’re craving chocolate chip cookies or some homemade soup, these recipes will warm up your day. Pumpkin and Cranberry Chutney Pumpkin and Cranberry Chutney Sweet Potato Casserole with Pomegranate Glaze Harvest Dinner Pie Harvest Dinner Pie This is … Read more
- How to keep a relationship interestingYou need to be logged in to view this content. Please Log In. Not a Member? Join Us
- Is sex the only thing that matters in a relationshipIs sex the only thing that matters in a relationship Sex is the most important thing in any relationship. We know this because we’ve all heard it over and over again, right? Well, yeah! But there are other things that matter more than just sex. In fact, if you’re not getting those other things right–intimacy … Read more
- Your Ego and Pride Definitely don’t Keep you Warm at Night.“The ego hurts you like this: you become obsessed with the one person who does not love you. blind to the rest who do.” ― Warsan Shire Your Ego and Pride Definitely don’t Keep you Warm at Night. Have you ever come across someone who makes decisions based on their ego? Like you wonder whether they … Read more