Meal prep is a secret weapon for staying healthy, and it doesn’t require any special equipment or skills. All you need are some freezer containers, a few meals that you want to make ahead, and an hour or two each week. Here’s how I do it: A beginners workout guide and meal plan for the week: Part 1.
The 3 meals I make ahead so I can workout
- Make sure you have enough time. This is the most important part of this workout plan, and it’s also the most challenging one.
- Make sure you have all of your ingredients on hand. If you don’t have any of them, or if they are too expensive to buy just for this meal plan, then that means that there’s no way I can help you out with your fitness goals! So go ahead and hit up those grocery stores or farmers’ markets on Saturday mornings—that way when I say “make sure” at number four below, we’re talking about something else entirely! 🙂
- Get a food processor or blender (or both). They’ll make things go faster than if I had to use my hands every time I wanted something chopped up into tiny pieces…and trust me when I tell ya’, chopping up veggies like onions and peppers can be quite tedious after awhile 🙂
My gym routine meal plan
- Eat a high-protein meal immediately after your workout. This will help to ensure that you have enough energy to keep going and not get hungry again.
- If you are not working out, then eat a high-protein snack or meal right away. You can also have a protein shake as a way to replenish the muscles after your workout!
- If you are working out and feeling hungry, try eating some healthy snacks like nuts or fruit before heading back into the gym for another round of exercise!
- If all else fails and there’s nothing left in the fridge but pizza slices (or worse), don’t worry—there’s still hope! Just get yourself some watermelon cubes from Trader Joe’s so that when hunger strikes later this week (or whenever), all we’ll need is one slice of melon per person.*
How to make a muscle recovery shake
- 1 scoop of whey protein (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 banana, frozen or fresh (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (or 1 serving vanilla protein powder and 2 tablespoons milk)
Followup meal plan for workout day
- Eat a balanced meal before you workout.
- Eat low-glycemic carbs after your workout.
- Don’t overeat, but don’t skip it either!
Meal prep is the secret to staying healthy.
Meal prep is the secret to staying healthy.
In order to stay on track with your fitness and health goals, you need to make sure that everything in your life revolves around them. If you’re trying to reach your weight loss goals, meal prep can help keep that from becoming an obstacle by ensuring that all of those meals are prepared ahead of time so there are no excuses for not eating well during the week. Plus, it saves time and money! And if that isn’t enough reason for us here at Joi’s Journey of Perception, then maybe this will do: Meal prepping also allows us all get more out of our workouts because we aren’t wasting precious minutes putting together a delicious meal after every workout (or worse yet…not having anything).
Meal prep is a great way to stay healthy and fit in your life. By making your meals ahead of time, you’ll be able to make healthier choices when it comes time for eating. Not only will this prevent snacking—which is really bad for your health—but it also gives you more time to exercise! All in all, meal prep is a great way to ensure that you don’t lose any nutrients while staying active at the gym or on the treadmill.
- What to expect dating someone with anxietyWhat to expect dating someone with anxiety Anxiety is a real struggle for millions of people, and it’s not easy to deal with on your own. If you’re dating someone who suffers from anxiety, it can be helpful to know what they’re going through and how you can help them manage their symptoms. Here’s what … Read more
- Fall comfort food recipesFall comfort food recipes Fall is finally here, and that means it’s time for comfort food! Whether you’re craving chocolate chip cookies or some homemade soup, these recipes will warm up your day. Pumpkin and Cranberry Chutney Pumpkin and Cranberry Chutney Sweet Potato Casserole with Pomegranate Glaze Harvest Dinner Pie Harvest Dinner Pie This is … Read more
- How to keep a relationship interestingYou need to be logged in to view this content. Please Log In. Not a Member? Join Us
- Is sex the only thing that matters in a relationshipIs sex the only thing that matters in a relationship Sex is the most important thing in any relationship. We know this because we’ve all heard it over and over again, right? Well, yeah! But there are other things that matter more than just sex. In fact, if you’re not getting those other things right–intimacy … Read more
- Your Ego and Pride Definitely don’t Keep you Warm at Night.“The ego hurts you like this: you become obsessed with the one person who does not love you. blind to the rest who do.” ― Warsan Shire Your Ego and Pride Definitely don’t Keep you Warm at Night. Have you ever come across someone who makes decisions based on their ego? Like you wonder whether they … Read more