“I LIKE MY MONEY WHERE I CAN SEE IT. HANGING IN MY CLOSET.”-CARRIE BRADSHAW
There are certain items you should have in your closet for every season, some repeating. BUT do you know what they are? You should! These items can create amazing outfits for any type of event.
- Light-wash jeans: Let’s be honest, jeans are not always comfortable, but with the right outfit, they look good. Especially in the Spring when its all about like colors and clothing. Having a nice pair of light jeans and pairing it with the right top will make you look like you actually tried. My favorite is a good pair of boyfriends jeans with a white top. So effortless, yet so cute.
2. White Tank and Tee (emphasis on the “And”): We all know the “rule” of not wearing white after Labor Day, so why not get excited to wear it in the Spring. I believe you should have two of each kind, A sporty Tess and tank, and dressy tee and tank. Not only do they look good with outfits, but white is a lightweight color and keeps you cool. We know how hot it can get outside this time of year. I guarantee the white will keep you as cool as possible.
3. Nude heels: Nude is one color that can go with most things. There are always exceptions. You can wear these with jeans, dresses, shorts, pretty much everything. Find some that are comfortable for you and add them to your closet. I’m a heels girls so I wear them more.
4. Pair of sneakers: Now I am not a huge fan of tennis shoes. I usually only wear them when I have to. Like to the gym or an amusement park. There a cute ones I would make an exception from. I just feel tennies are a good thing to have in your closet period. Some do look right with a certain dress, but please don’t be that person who wears them with the wrong type of outfit. Everything is not a look!
5. Floral Dress: It’s Spring, so you shouldn’t be shocked that this is on the list. This look is effortless and easy to pull off. With the right pair of tennis shoes or heels, you can look like a fashionista. Those nude heels I told you about would be perfect. Boom! I’m helping you look like you tried. This is a great outfit to pack when you go on a trip. Imagine an Instagram pic in this outfits next to a coffee shop.
6. Rain Jacket: Now we know with Spring comes rain, So it’s not completely necessary, it would be a great asset to your closet. They come in different patterns and colors, so don’t worry about meeting up an outfit. Obviously, rain jackets are waterproof, which you need to protect that outfit you worked so hard putting together.
7. Umbrella: while this is not necessarily a clothing piece, you need one. I don’t care who you are but you need an umbrella. A hood can only go so far. There are so many choices and brands to pick from. Reasons to have one is self explanatory.
8. Rain boots: I’m not saying you have to have these on all day, because they can get uncomfortable and aren’t exactly professional. However, I have seen people travel on a train or plane when it was raining. And yes they were headed to a professional setting. You but your heels in a bag and wear your rainbows. Trust me, no-one wants to have wet feet all day. That’s nasty. Mine are pink and black. Pick your favorite color and pattern and have at it.
9. Denim Jacket: This is both a Spring and Summer must have. You can dress Jean jackets up and down. I own four just because they are different washes and sizes depending on my mood and the outfit. I know, I know I’m extra. The more into fashion you get, the more you will understand. Jean jackets can honestly tie a look together. And yes you can wear denim on denim, just make sure its put together right. Ignore others who hate it, because honestly they’re not the ones wearing it and their opinion was unwarranted . Do you boo!
10. Cute Blouse: Having a couple of these in your closet is necessary. You can wear them with a suit to work, with a pair of shorts to the beach, or with a skirt on a date. The more flowy the better.
11. Sunglasses: I am a huge sunglasses person. So much so that I wear them year round. Not only are they necessary when it comes to protecting your eyes, but they also pull a look together. Whether they’re high end or cheap from Urban outfitters. Get a pair!
IF YOU HAVEN’T CHECKED OUT ANY OF MY OTHER CONTENT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? BE SURE TO CHECK OUT SOME OF MY OTHER WORK. LIKE, COMMENT, AND SHARE WITH A FRIEND OR SOMEONE YOU FEEL NEEDS TO READ THIS.