Communication is power. Those who have mastered its effective use can change their own experience of the world and the world’s experience of them. All behavior and feelings find their original roots in some form of communication. – Tony Robbins
Communication has been the focus of several of my blogs, and it has been a really eye-opening experience for me. When it comes to basic qualities and morals, my encounters with people who are unable to communicate their boundaries with others are uncountable.
Let it be known
As a result of how they treat you, you would be surprised at how many people assume you know your boundaries. This generation is causing many problems, such as going ghost. I have been a victim of someone going ghost on me several times. There may be some of you wondering what a definition down below means.
To “disappear” by not calling, texting, or talking to a certain person. “Going ghost” is a move typically used by friends w/ benefits or booty calls when they no longer want to associate with the other person, but it can also describe a friend you haven’t heard from in a long time.
Constantly talking isn’t necessarily communicating. – Charlie Kaufman
See for Yourself
However, there was a discussion on Twitter recently about making it “normal” to go ghost when you’re “not in a mood.” And there were a lot of people agreeing with him. To allow you to read the comments on your own, I’ve included the tweet here.
But I was disgusted at how many people were agreeing with this man. You wouldn’t have the energy to have a good conversation if you were in a bad mood. People who care about you will completely understand. They will understand that you aren’t ready to express yourself. But it’s coming to my awareness that those people that you assume care don’t. So instead of considering that mom is concerned about your mental health, you just go AWOL and then wonder why they feel some type of way. In order to help us agree on why communication is important, I will link a few of my posts below.
Can we agree?
Let me know what you think in the comments. Please, please, please share this with everyone you know. Also, be sure to like, comment, share, and subscribe.
Disclaimer you are not required to donate but I appreciate anything and everything that is given to me. If you feel touched by this post leave a tip!💕
- Types of friends you should haveTypes of friends you should have You might have a best friend and a couple of close friends. And that’s fine. But if you want to ensure your social life is healthy, it’s important to make room for more than just one type of friend in your life. I’m here to help guide you through … Read moreTypes of friends you should have
- People who are narcissist-magnetsPeople who are narcissist-magnets Narcissist magnets are people who attract narcissists. Narcissism is a personality disorder characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, a lack of empathy for others, and a need for constant attention. A narcissist will eventually find someone who is willing to put up with them (or fall in love with them) … Read morePeople who are narcissist-magnets
- The best 2023 summer bucket list for mental healthThe best 2023 summer bucket list for mental health Summer is a time to relax, but it can also be difficult to keep up motivation. You might not want to go outside or spend time with friends and family because you just want to stay in your PJs all day. As the weather gets warmer, … Read moreThe best 2023 summer bucket list for mental health
- How to Deal with GriefHow to Deal with Grief Grief is an emotional response to a loss. It can be intense and difficult to accept, but it’s OK if you’re sad, angry, or frustrated. If you’re grieving the loss of a loved one, don’t feel ashamed or embarrassed about it. Talk about it if you need it, but also … Read moreHow to Deal with Grief
- Why you shouldn’t give up on loveWhy you shouldn’t give up on love Love is a process. You are not meant to experience love for it to be real. You can stop looking at the people who broke your heart as bad luck. Instead of seeing them as someone who was meant to help you grow into yourself. Shitty breakups aren’t … Read moreWhy you shouldn’t give up on love
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
1 thought on “Ugh Here we Go Again: COMMUNICATION”