Window, mirror, and door love theory
If you’re a fan of romance, you’ve probably heard of the “window, mirror, and door” love theory. The idea is that there are three types of love: the kind that’s reflected back at you (mirrors), openness to others (windows), and exploration (doors). You can tell what type of person someone is based on which kind of love they prefer. This theory has been popular in pop culture for years. But it’s also rooted in science. Specifically evolutionary biology. So let’s dig into these three types! The Window, Mirror, and Door Love Theory.
Window Love Theory
Window Love Theory is the kind of love that is based on physical attraction. This is the kind of love that you see in movies. Where people fall in love at first sight and end up having sex with each other on their first night out together.
Mirror Love Theory
Mirror Love Theory is a theory that suggests that when two people are in love, they will mirror one another’s feelings and thoughts.
In addition to romantic relationships, mirroring also occurs in other types of relationships. For example, between parents and children. A child who is upset will likely be comforted by his or her parent who mirrors the child’s negative emotions. By acting sad or crying themselves; this allows the child to feel understood and validated by someone who understands what it feels like to experience those emotions firsthand. In this way, mirroring helps build trust between two people because it allows them both to feel safe enough with each other so that they can share painful experiences without fear of being judged or misunderstood by each other
Door Love Theory
The Door Love Theory is about people who are ready to open the door and enter a relationship. The Door Love Theory is about people who are ready to open their hearts and be vulnerable. It’s also about taking a risk on love, even though it might hurt you in the end. But that’s okay because at least you tried!
window, mirror, and door love theory is about three types of love
You’ve probably heard about the window, mirror, and door love theories. If you haven’t, here’s a quick rundown:
- The Window Theory of Love is about falling in love with someone who looks like you or reminds you of yourself. It’s a common misconception that opposites attract because they actually repel each other!
- The Mirror Theory of Love is based on the idea that we choose partners who reflect something good back at us–a trait we want to see in ourselves.
- And finally, the Door Theory states that people seek out those individuals who will help them achieve goals they couldn’t reach alone (like moving into a new home).
Window, mirror, and door love theory is a great example of how we can look at different aspects of love in our lives. Knowing more about the types of love we have for others, it will help us understand ourselves better and be able to show our feelings for others in a more meaningful way!
- Types of friends you should haveTypes of friends you should have You might have a best friend and a couple of close friends. And that’s fine. But if you want to ensure your social life is healthy, it’s important to make room for more than just one type of friend in your life. I’m here to help guide you through … Read moreTypes of friends you should have
- People who are narcissist-magnetsPeople who are narcissist-magnets Narcissist magnets are people who attract narcissists. Narcissism is a personality disorder characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, a lack of empathy for others, and a need for constant attention. A narcissist will eventually find someone who is willing to put up with them (or fall in love with them) … Read morePeople who are narcissist-magnets
- The best 2023 summer bucket list for mental healthThe best 2023 summer bucket list for mental health Summer is a time to relax, but it can also be difficult to keep up motivation. You might not want to go outside or spend time with friends and family because you just want to stay in your PJs all day. As the weather gets warmer, … Read moreThe best 2023 summer bucket list for mental health
- How to Deal with GriefHow to Deal with Grief Grief is an emotional response to a loss. It can be intense and difficult to accept, but it’s OK if you’re sad, angry, or frustrated. If you’re grieving the loss of a loved one, don’t feel ashamed or embarrassed about it. Talk about it if you need it, but also … Read moreHow to Deal with Grief
- Why you shouldn’t give up on loveWhy you shouldn’t give up on love Love is a process. You are not meant to experience love for it to be real. You can stop looking at the people who broke your heart as bad luck. Instead of seeing them as someone who was meant to help you grow into yourself. Shitty breakups aren’t … Read moreWhy you shouldn’t give up on love