Fall dessert recipes to try
The leaves are changing, the air is getting cooler, and I’m ready to bake. A lot of people think they have to wait until Thanksgiving to start making fall desserts, but I say that’s nonsense. The cool weather makes me want pumpkin pie, apple crisp and caramel apple mug cake all year long. If you’re like me and can’t resist the temptation of fresh apples, pumpkins or pecans just because it’s not October yet—never mind! Here are five easy-to-make dishes from around the web that will get you in the mood for fall no matter what time of year it is. Here’s Fall dessert recipes to try.
The apple pie recipe is simple, and can be made with store-bought crust or fresh apples. It’s also a great way to use frozen apple slices if you’re feeling lazy, or even dried ones if you’re really pressed for time and energy. This recipe is a good one for beginners because it requires few ingredients and tools, but will still impress anyone who gets their hands on it!
This recipe is a classic, but it’s still worth making in the fall because apples are so delicious. The crisp topping is a mix of oats, brown sugar and butter that gets baked until golden brown. If you want to change it up a bit (or if you’re just not feeling like peeling all those apples), try using store-bought pie crust instead!
To make this dessert:
- Peel and core 6 small baking apples (about 2 pounds). Cut into ½-inch pieces; set aside. In large bowl combine 1 cup quick oats; 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar; 3 tablespoons melted butter; 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon; pinch salt if desired.* Pour mixture into 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray coating on bottom only.* Top evenly with apple mixture then sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.* Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and bubbling around edges.* Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions: In a large bowl, combine pumpkin and next 5 ingredients. Add flour to make a stiff batter; beat on low speed until smooth. Pour into an unbaked 9-in- pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean (do not cover). Cool completely on wire rack before serving with whipped cream if desired
This dessert is perfect for parties and potlucks because it can be made in a 9×13 pan. You can use canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin, but if you’re using the latter, make sure to cook it first! The cake mix can be any flavor you like–it doesn’t have to be yellow cake; chocolate would also work well here.
1 box yellow (or chocolate) cake mix
1 cup vegetable oil/melted butter/coconut oil
Pecans are the best choice for this recipe. If you’re wondering why, it’s because they have a higher fat content than walnuts and therefore a more buttery taste. They also have a slightly sweeter flavor that pairs well with the pumpkin pie filling.
Pecans are also great for this particular dessert because they can be used whole or chopped into pieces–either way works! The only thing to keep in mind is that when using whole pecans in pies (or other baked goods), be sure that they’re fully cooked before serving them hot out of the oven so as not to burn yourself while eating them or risk having someone else get burned by accidentally eating one whole piece at once without realizing it was still hot enough from baking/cooking time that there was still some residual heat left over inside those nuts’ shells
even though most people wouldn’t think twice about eating something like an apple where it might still be warm after being cut open but would definitely notice if something else were too warm due its nature as being very different from what most people would expect when thinking about food items such as apples being cold rather than hot like cookies which tend not only look similar physically speaking but also taste similar too
Caramel Apple Mug Cake
- In a large mug, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the egg, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth (you may need to use a fork for this step).
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on high power or until top is golden brown in color (I microwaved mine for 2 minutes because I like my cake extra moist).
Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze Recipe
Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar (you can also use brown sugar, if you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packages yeast (about 4 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (105 to 115 degrees F) *If you don’t have a thermometer, just pour some of the water into your hand and hold it there for about 10 seconds; if it feels very warm but not hot enough to burn your skin or make it tingle, then it’s good to go!*
These desserts will be a hit!
These desserts will be a hit:
- Pumpkin pie
- Apple crisp
- Pumpkin cheesecake pie
We hope this list has helped you find some great fall desserts to try! Remember, if you are looking for a more unique and sophisticated option, our caramel apple mug cake is the perfect dessert. It’s easy to make and tastes amazing!
- Protecting Your Mental Health: Healing in a Narcissistic EnvironmentHealing in a Narcissistic Environment Living or working in a narcissistic environment can be incredibly challenging and detrimental to your mental health. Narcissistic behavior can lead to emotional abuse, manipulation, and a constant feeling of being undermined and devalued. In this blog post, I will discuss strategies to help you heal and protect your mental … Read moreProtecting Your Mental Health: Healing in a Narcissistic Environment
- Finding Love and Healing: Overcoming Heartbreak and LonelinessOvercoming Heartbreak and Loneliness Love is a powerful force that brings joy, connection, and fulfillment to our lives. However, there are times when we may feel like we give so much love, yet never receive it in return. This experience can leave us heartbroken, lonely, and devoid of hope in finding love. In this blog … Read moreFinding Love and Healing: Overcoming Heartbreak and Loneliness
- How to give the best Christmas PresentThe holiday season is here, and it’s the perfect time to spread joy and show appreciation to the people we love. One of the best ways to do this is by giving thoughtful. Christmas presents that bring a smile to their faces. Finding the perfect gift can be challenging, but with a little creativity and … Read moreHow to give the best Christmas Present
- Creating a Nutritious Winter Salad: A Guide to Fresh and Healthy IngredientsCreating a Nutritious Winter Salad: A Guide to Fresh and Healthy Ingredients As winter sets in, it’s essential to maintain a healthy diet to keep our bodies strong and energized. While cold temperatures might make us crave warm and comforting meals. Winter salads can be a delicious and satisfying way to incorporate fresh and nutrient-packed … Read moreCreating a Nutritious Winter Salad: A Guide to Fresh and Healthy Ingredients
- The Right Person Won’t Waste Your TimeFinding love and companionship can be one of life’s greatest joys. However, in the quest for that perfect partner. It can be easy to get caught up in relationships that ultimately lead to disappointment or heartbreak. One popular adage is that the right person won’t waste your time. But is this statement true? Subscribe below … Read moreThe Right Person Won’t Waste Your Time